Hard Liquor Addiction Rehab Centers: Outpatient vs Inpatient Treatment Program Options
Those with distilled spirit dependency problems will benefit from outpatient or inpatient liquor addiction treatment centers programs!
Alcohol dependency, especially that of hard liquor addiction is a serious problem that if not addressed by seeking the help of the right alcohol addiction treatment center will cause serious issues in one’s life.
You see alcohol has different forms and the quantity of ethanol in it defines its strength.
Hard liquor, also known as distilled spirits, is a form of alcohol that is made by distillation of fermented fruits, grains, and vegetables.
The distillation eliminates water content, making the alcohol strength.
Types of hard liquor include rum, vodka, scotch, whiskey, gin, tequila, and more. They are termed as hard because of the exceeded amount of alcohol content in it.
Liquor addiction treatment is necessary when a person has a hard liquor addiction like brandy which typically has 35 percent or more of alcohol content.
Consuming liquor such as a shot on a continuous basis typically results in liquor addiction. The addiction increases to such an extent that one cannot start the day without a lot of vodka shots, or end it with whiskey glasses.
The only option left to help address this problem is hard liquor addiction treatment centers.
It helps to address the underlying problem and design a customized treatment plan.
The experts at this addiction rehabilitation facilities apply different treatment options, depending on the severity of dependency on distilled spirits, giving people back their normal life.
What is a hard liquor addiction?
Distilled spirits are alcoholic beverages like rum, brandy, whiskey, and more produced by distillation from fermented vegetables, fruits, or wine.
The amount of alcohol is high in distilled spirits as compared to wine or beer.
Constant consumptions of it typically lead to liquor addiction.
World Health Organization published research shows that spirits are the second alcohol form in the top 5 popular drinks Americans love.
Liquor addiction treatment is needed when one goes from liking the drinks to it being converted to addiction.
The good news is that there are reputable distilled spirit addiction rehab facilities are available to solve the problem of liquor addiction.
Signs & symptoms of hard liquor addiction
The good distilled spirits addiction treatment centers thoroughly examine and study the symptoms of liquor addiction in their patients. This is because each individual reacts differently to hard liquor dependency.
Hence, the liquor addiction treatment program is designed separately for each patient after careful examination.
Below are some common signs of distilled spirits addiction signs.
- Strong craving to consume alcohol
- Difficult to control the urge
- School or work performance degradation
- Issues with families and friends
- Responsibilities are neglected
- Constant dizziness and unconsciousness
Short and long term effects of being addicted to hard liquor
The short term effects of liquor addiction are headache, dizziness, unconsciousness, fever, drop in and blood pressure.
The severe and long term effects of hard liquor addiction are serious health issues affecting different body parts.
Hard liquor addiction treatment centers aim at reducing the severe effects on the body by collective therapies and exercises.
Liquor addiction rehabilitation covers therapies for the following effects.
- Brain: Addiction to distilled spirits leads to problems like distorted vision, blackouts, poor, judgment, and more.
- Heart: Liquor addiction causes BP fluctuation, abnormal heart rate, and heart size increases.
- Stomach: It causes vomiting, cancer, and stomach ulcers
- Liver: It causes hepatitis, liver cancer, weakness, poisons, etc.
Hard liquor addiction withdrawal symptoms fall under three stages- severe, moderate, and minor.
- Minor symptoms: The minor withdrawal symptoms due to liquor addiction include nausea, headaches, and tremors.
- Moderate symptoms: Moderate symptoms include fever, vomiting, confusion, and sweating.
- Severe symptoms: The severe withdrawal symptoms, noticed in addition to distilled spirits include hallucinations, agitation, short breathing, high heart rate, and palpitations.
Distilled spirits addiction treatment options
It is difficult to decide on an addiction treatment option. Hence, it is better to seek expert advice.
Hard liquor addiction treatment centers design proper programs that fit individual patients.
Liquor addiction treatment involves different options. These depend on the severity of the addiction.
Detox: Liquor addiction detoxification is usually the first step for patients. During detox, the toxins and dangers are flushed out of the body under medical supervision. It is never recommended for detox to be done without medical professional supervision. Medically supervised alcohol dependency detoxification is the best and safest option.
Intensive inpatient treatment programs: Inpatient or residential liquor addiction rehabs are centers where the patient has to live in the center itself until the complete recovery takes place. At these facilities, there are nurses, doctors, counselors, and individual or group therapy sections disposable to the patient.
Outpatient treatment programs: At outpatient liquor addiction rehab facilities, the patient can continue regular routine along with the lifestyle and medications provided by the doctors and therapists at a facility. The patient will typically go to their treatment session in the evening and weekends from the comfort of their home instead of being checked into a 24-hour alcohol abuse treatment facility.
Paying for your addiction rehab
Alcohol treatment cost is one of the biggest reasons why people do no seek rehab.
However, the good news is that rehab facilities typically offer different payment options to help with the cost of rehab programs.
The most popular option if one can’t pay with cash or their credit is the acceptance of private medical insurance. Most prefer a PPO but some accept HMO too.
Other popular options are in-house and outside financing options such as Carecredit healthcare financing.
Get help today!
So what’s next? Call to be connected with a healthcare professional at hard liquor addiction treatment centers to answer your questions and recommend the best programs for you or a loved one. The call is free. So call 866-579-8780 now.
- Addiction Rehabs in Arizona
- Addiction Rehabs in California
- Florida Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers: Detox Facilities and Inpatient vs Outpatient Treatment Program Guide
- How Much Does Addiction Rehab Cost In California (Drug, Alcohol, etc)
- New Jersey Rehab Centers & Detox Facilities for Alcohol and Drug: Inpatient vs Outpatient Addiction Treatment Programs
- Pennsylvania Rehab Centers & Detox Facilities for Alcohol and Drug Addiction: Inpatient vs Outpatient Addiction Treatment Programs