Rehabs Near Me or Far Way
There are different pros and cons of going to rehab near you. And there are other things people should know that could help them make a better decision.
Some people searching for “rehabs near me” may have reasons for wanting a facility that is close to home when seeking treatment services for addiction.
But is it really a good idea to pick a substance abuse treatment program close to home or work?
When you a or loved one is going through addiction and need help, it can be very stressful trying to find the right addiction rehab center near you or anywhere.
The stress of struggling with or watching a loved one who is struggling with an addiction is stressful already so why add to it.
However, understand that finding the best or right rehabs near you or far away for you or loved one shouldn’t be that hard. Just know that you are not alone and that getting helping whether close by or far is the most important thing. Matter of fact. A study, funded by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), a part of the National Institutes of Health, found that more than 23 million Americans have struggled with drug use issues.
Please read the information on this page for a different perspective on this topic and then contact the number on this site to be connected with pros who can help answer your questions and provide answers that might be helpful in checking into treatment.
Use rehab near you or not?
With the addiction epidemic( U.S Department of Health and Human Services Secretary declared a public health emergency in 2017 for the national opioid crisis) going on in the country, the need for addiction treatment services from rehab centers is on the rise. And people have so many questions so they can get the right treatment.
You may have questions like: is it best for me or a loved one to use an addiction treatment center near me or travel out of state? is an inpatient/residential treatment center or outpatient rehabs near me best for me or my loved one.?
Should I use a holistic method nearby? is it best to use private insurance or state-funded insurance etc? These are tough questions that require a lot of research or resources to answer sometimes.
Having a facility near you might sound good but we believe that finding the best addiction recovery center and one that fit your treatment needs might be more important than the location.
However, a rehab center nearby can make sense if you opt for an outpatient treatment since you will need to be somewhat closer to go to the facility for the recovery programs.
With that said, you might want to focus on finding the best treatment option for you by looking at other factors instead of just focusing on how far or close a center is from you or a loved one.
Advantages and disadvantages of rehab centers nearby
Like most things in life, there are advantages and disadvantages of picking a rehab center near you or far away.
The advantages of picking a recovery center close by may include being closer to the family(family can visit easily and participate in family therapy as part of the addict recovery) and paying less, especially if outpatient care is chosen, and work etc.
The disadvantage is that one is close to their dealer and fellow addict friends who are not in the same addiction-free journey etc.
Being close to fellow addicts and close to home may help one relapse faster as they know where to get what they want.
Another disadvantage of rehabs close by an addiction home, especially if they pick outpatient care is that it might be easier to just stop going on the day that one wants to quit. With residential treatment care for drug or alcohol abuse, it is harder to just pack and leave or decide not to come in since you are already there, especially, if the facility is far away from home.
Again, as mentioned above the goal should be to find the best treatment facility with proven results in help addicts regain control of their life and that one feels comfortable with.
Researching “rehabs near me” is great but look at different facilities and weigh the advantage and disadvantage of each not just on how close or far they are but on their experience, amenities, staff, accreditation, and program reputation etc.
Typical services offered at rehabilitations near you or far away
Whether you pick a rehabilitation facility close to you or not these facilities, in general, provide similar core services. What may be different is usually a clinic staff experience, how personable and compassionate they are, approach, and skills in executing the programs. Some of these core services are:
- Medicated treatment
- Medical detoxification programs
- Drug testing
- Alcohol treatment and counseling
- Drug treatment and counseling
- Group meetings such 12 step
- Group and individual psychotherapies
- Family therapies
- Coping skills lessons
- Anger management group lessons
- Grief groups
- LGBT groups
There are other complementary services or amenities that you can get too such as:
- Massage therapy
- Animal-assisted therapy
- Energy psychology
- Tennis court and lessons
- Swimming pool and lessons
Typical rehab centers that offer the above complimentary amenities cost more and are provided mostly at luxury rehabilitation facilities.
Types of available rehabilitation centers
Being addicted to substances such as drugs and alcohol is a complex problem. There is really no one size fit all approach of how each individual is different. And because of this, there are many issues that one has to put into consideration that will help one in picking a treatment facility and program.
Some of the issues to consider are:
- Length of addiction: Those with longterm addiction problems may need a different program approach than those with short term issues. It might not be a good idea for someone with long term addiction issues to checking into rehab near them as being close to their resources could make completing a program more difficult.
- Budget: The cost of different programs typically vary based on the rehab center and the type.
- Other issues: Other issues such as mental problem and being addicted to both alcohol and rugs at the same time.
Below are quick overviews of some of the different types of available rehab facilities one can choose from.
- Detox centers: Substance abuse detox centers are different from rehab facilities. After an assessment for addiction treatment, detoxification is normally the first phase of treatment. this is especially so for those with serious alcoholism and drug problems. Sometimes a detox program is at the same rehab facility or they are separate from one another. Detox normally lasts for 3,5, 7 or 10 days. After this then starts the other recovery treatments. Note that detox is not a treatment in itself.
- Long & short term inpatient residential care rehabs: This facility where the addict can live and focus 100 percent on getting treatment. This type of facility/programs are well structured. The client eats, go to the session, take medication, and other recovery activities in the facility. They offer both 28, 30, & 60-day short term programs. And 90, 120, & 180 days long term programs.
- Intensive outpatient care rehabs (IOP): This is a popular treatment program. According to a Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration research on the intensive outpatient programs, 46 percent of substance use disorder rehabs programs are intensive outpatient programs. This type of facility is an outpatient program. The patient will go home after each treatment. They will go to sessions for a few days in a week for a few hours per session.
- Long & short term outpatient rehabs: The short or long term outpatient center programs allow one to get substance abuse/addiction help while still meeting family, home, and work responsibilities. The patient will live at home while going to receive addiction treatment a few hours in a day and a few times a week. This program is usually more cost-effective and also a transitional one that some people start right after an inpatient program. Addiction patients also pick this program when they do not have severe addiction problems.
- Partial hospitalization or day outpatient rehabs: This short and long term program is like the residential program with the exception that one leaves to go home after each session. Typically the patient will spend 6 to 7 hours a day and 5 to 6 days a week going to their sessions and other recovery treatment plans.
How you can you pay for treatment?
There are different options in paying for rehab services. Addiction centers diver on what type of payments that they accept but some accept private health insurance, financing, payment plans, and employers health insurance.
Also, some addiction hospitals or facility prefer PPO over HMO while some accept both.
There are also some treatment facilities that will accept Medicare and medical.
The good news is that treatment centers are willing to work with addict insurance and help them look at other options of getting money for their rehabilitation for substance addiction.
Call For free no-obligation consultation today
Looking for or finding the right fit for an alcohol or drug addiction treatment centers near you can be a daunting task.
We suggest that you call the number on this site to be connected with addiction treatment professionals who can help you.
You or loved may have a lot of questions to ask which will help you make the best choice in getting the best treatment. So let addiction treatment center professionals help you make the best decision today!
Searching for rehabs near me might sound good but focusing on looking for and finding the best and right treatment center is more important.