Updated on May 21st, 2023
Rehab Cost With Or Without Insurance?
Finding out how much rehabilitation costs with or without insurance for drugs or alcohol and other addictions will help you make a better decision.
According to the World Health Organization, about 31 million people have drug use disorders and alcohol results in 3.3 million deaths every year.
This all means that substance use disorder is a serious issue and that you are not alone. So if you or a loved one is suffering from substance abuse or addiction, then you may want to find a quality treatment at a good rehab facility.
And there are a number of ways of paying your rehab fees with or without insurance.
On average, one out of every ten addicts doesn’t get proper treatment, a major reason for which is the high rehab costs.
In order to ensure the best rehab that you (or a loved one) deserves, you must be aware of the various ways of paying the rehab costs with or without insurance.
So on this page, we will be discussing how much rehab cost without insurance or with and other factors.
Why is rehab worth the costs with or without insurance?
It is true that the cost of some of the most luxurious rehab programs can be too high to be afforded by people with average financial conditions.
It is equally true, however, that these are the upper limits and whatever be your budget, you’ll find a satisfactory rehab facility for you or a loved one. Also, you can’t let your financial limitations result in a compromise in the rehab, can you?
Also, if you consider the long term substance consumption, then continuing the addiction will lead to an even bigger loss in terms of money.
Yet, that is not the biggest loss the addiction will bring to you or your loved one. A quality life, good health, happy ability to make relationships, and the ability to work can’t even be thought to be compensated by money.
So, it is obvious that opting into a rehab plan is worth the cost and you shouldn’t let your financial constraints keep you or a loved one from getting the rehab he/she deserves.
Instead of focusing so much energy on how much rehab cost with or without insurance, focus on regaining your life back from addiction. You can’t really put a price on human wellbeing.
We can always make money but losing our wellbeing is harder to get back.
Factors that determine the cost of addiction rehabilitation with or without insurance
Though the basic strategies and elements of all the addiction rehabilitation programs are more or less the same, the cost of rehab can greatly vary from one rehab center to another and even between different rehab plans within the same rehabilitation facility. There are a few factors which bring this huge cost variation, which are:
- The type of rehabilitation programs– When it comes to taking rehabilitation programs, you get two options- inpatient programs and outpatient programs. There is a huge difference between the overall charges of inpatient and outpatient programs, the former costing higher than the latter one. This extra price is obvious as an inpatient rehab facility includes many services that are not available in an outpatient facility. An inpatient rehab program charges will include the cost of living, food, sleep, and so on. There is a need for medical staff to be ready against any need around the clock. Then there must be a certified physician and nurse available at the facility throughout 24 hours. Of course, their fees will eventually add to your rehab costs only.
The outpatient programs, on the other hand, exclude these extra costs and you have to pay just for the treatment and that too for just a few hours a day. In this case, you can also continue your work and earn wages, which wouldn’t have been possible in the case of an inpatient rehab program.
- Length of the treatment programs– Depending on the type and severity of your drug addiction, the counselor will recommend a certain program like 28-days, 60-days, 90-days, and whatever else may be required. However, it is you who is to decide the length of the program to opt. Generally, the longer the program, the greater will it cost.
- Amenities offered by the facility– This is one of the major factors which determine your rehab cost. Some of the luxury rehab centers provide all the comfort and facility which you can imagine to receive in a luxury resort or spa. They can make arrangements for nail technicians, massage therapists, personal assistants, and many other royalties. If you don’t want to spend much on the rehabilitation then you can cut off some of these amenities from your rehab plan.
- Location of the facility– The location of the rehab facility is another factor which matters a lot. A facility made at an exotic location like oceans and mountain tops will cost you more than one located in a normal residential building in a city. Also, the cost of living in the city will reflect on the rehab cost as well.
So how much does rehab cost with insurance?
The specifics of how much an insurance company will cover for rehab varies from one persona to another and one plans to another.
The good news is that the Affordable Care Act has made it compulsory for insurance plans to offer coverage for mental health disorders including those related to substance abuse.
Also, insurance companies are supposed to offer competitive insurance plans to their full-time employees. In fact, this type of insurance covers the health care of the majority of the American population.
The insurance is not going to pay all the charges as you also need to pay a portion of the total costs out of your own pocket.
Consult with your insurance company and speak with a rehab facility to know what insurance will cover and won’t.
How much rehab cost without insurance?
If you don’t have insurance, which can cover your rehab costs, then you may need to find other ways of raising the funds required by borrowing from your friends and relatives, taking personal loans, using savings, and looking for grants et cetera.
Partial hospitalization can cost you about $350-$450 per day. Intensive outpatient rehab programs generally cost $250-$350 a day while residential (inpatient) programs can cost somewhat between $500-$650.
Finding The Right Treatment Center
Whether you are paying for rehab with or without insurance you need to pick the right facility.
Below are some factors to look for before picking an addiction treatment center:
- Staff credentials
- Facility accreditation( you can check The Joint Commission, CARF International, and Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) for some facilities accreditation )
- Payment options
- Program approach
What’s Next? Call a private treatment facility 866-579-8780
When you or your loved one is going through an addiction, you typically have many questions that you need answers to.
And one of those questions is how much does rehab cost with or without insurance.
To get some answers to your specific situation, you need to speak with an addiction facility professionals. So call 866-579-8780 today to be connected with a treatment center that may be able to help you.
Whether you are an adult or teenager, do not let the answer to how much does rehab cost with or without insurance for drugs and alcohol deter you from getting the help that you or loved one deserves.
- Addiction Rehabs in Arizona
- Addiction Rehabs in California
- Florida Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers: Detox Facilities and Inpatient vs Outpatient Treatment Program Guide
- How Much Does Addiction Rehab Cost In California (Drug, Alcohol, etc)
- New Jersey Rehab Centers & Detox Facilities for Alcohol and Drug: Inpatient vs Outpatient Addiction Treatment Programs
- Pennsylvania Rehab Centers & Detox Facilities for Alcohol and Drug Addiction: Inpatient vs Outpatient Addiction Treatment Programs